We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Teacher/Leaning Mentor to join us at Sheiling School.
The Sheiling School in Thornbury, South Glos is a residential Camphill (Rudolf Steiner) School for children with learning difficulties aged 6 to 19 and is part of Thornleigh Camphill Communities. Our beautiful grounds on the edge of the town encompass several residential houses for children and adults, a school building, indoor and outdoor craft workshops and a swimming pool. Adjacent is our farm, which provides organic produce for the community.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required. We are located 30 min from Bristol and Gloucester.
About the job
• To be involved in supporting the delivery of all aspects of the school’s curriculum, in line with the school’s policies.
• You will be in a wide range of settings, including in the classroom, the outdoor curriculum, and possibly craft sessions, sports, swimming and outdoor break times.
• Ensure pupils achieve their full educational potential and demonstrate positive values, attitudes and behaviour you expect from the pupils.
• Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject and/or education.
• Experience within a special SEN school/unit experience for a minimum of 2 years.
• Waldorf qualification and/or experience or willingness to learn and incorporate in practice.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Experience of working with SEN pupils and pupils with challenging behaviour essential.
What we offer
• 39.4 weeks worked, 11 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
• Perkbox benefits package, Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
• Pension scheme
• Free onsite parking, subject to availability
Salary & hours
The salary is £19,586 – £20,876 per annum, dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
37.5 hours a week working 8:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday.
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.