Full time Permanent
LPS L14-L18 (£56,578 - £62,425 per annum) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
Merchants’ Academy is a 3-18 Academy sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. This is an exciting time to join us as the Academy grows and standards continue to rise. The Academy is very well resourced, where staff and their development is a priority.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Vice Principal who is highly ambitious for students, a strategic thinker who is committed to raising standards and has significant evidence of impact on students’ progress. This post will carry a secondary teaching timetable.
You will be joining a vibrant staff and work in an exceptional environment. Leadership is fundamental to our professional learning programme. We value ambition in all staff and provide opportunities for growth and as a result many of our staff have gained further promotion and responsibility. This is an exciting time to join us and make your impact at senior leadership.
The roles and responsibilities of the Academy Leadership Team evolve and change. The starting responsibilities for this role will include leadership of developing students knowledge and understanding of careers both locally and nationally and a drive to increase participation in further and higher education, this will also involve the strategic leadership of the Academy’s Sixth Form, MA.16.
Candidates for this post should be:
• inspiring and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress.
• able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
• Effective at networking and building community and business links.
In addition, candidates should have the following leadership qualities:
• Strong leadership skills through which you are able to inspire and develop a team.
• Recent and relevant knowledge of different curriculum developments within your subject.
• An understanding of national developments within education.
• Ability to support other staff through both general CPD and teaching pedagogy.
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
• Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
• To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Tuesday 13th October 2020 at 9.00. Interviews: Wednesday 21st October 2020
Merchants' Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to
equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS
check is required for all staff.