The new leadership team at Sutton Community Academy is implementing real change. It brings together diverse personalities with a single goal: to release the full potential of every young person and give our students the skills to succeed in life. We all love a challenge and we’re ready for plenty of hard work as we remove our Academy from Special Measures and begin the climb all the way to Outstanding.
Our ethos is simple: we owe our pupils nothing less than the best. Most of our students join us from relatively deprived urban backgrounds, and whilst we can’t offer them extensive outside space or world-beating facilities we have a passionate teaching team, a culture of self-belief and achievement and a place at the heart of the local community.
Supporting our visionary Principal, you’ll roll up your sleeves and make things happen, with every opportunity to put your stamp on the way we think. But we’re not just looking for an ideas person: you’ll need to translate your vision into reality and finish whatever you start, delivering concrete change rather than abstract strategies.
In short, you’ll transform the way we deliver both academic and vocational education and you’ll empower our students to overcome barriers to learning. So, we’re looking for a world-class professional: someone our students and staff will respect and admire, and who can take them to the next level. Needless to say, you’ll be an inspiring teacher and middle leader with a proven record of raising attainment and changing cultures. But you’ll be far more than that: you’ll be the key to unlocking our students’ abilities and helping them transcend their circumstances.
The successful candidate will need to be a qualified SENCO and be motivated, innovative, flexible, relentless and have a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of needs. You will have a passion for developing and extending potential in both students and staff by recognising and nurturing individual qualities and strengths.
The successful candidate must have:
• The ability to demonstrate outstanding teaching and an excellent record of classroom practice.
• The skill of working with students with a range of different abilities, needs and backgrounds.
• Creativity and vision to inspire and lead change ensuring successful outcomes for students.
• The ability to lead staff and develop their knowledge and expertise of working with SEND children.
• The ability to work effectively alongside the SLT team to achieve excellence.
• The ability to support and have an overview of the teaching assistants working with SEND students and to be responsible for their training needs.
• Excellent communication, management and organisational skills.
• Experience of working in partnership with parents, professionals, governors, the wider community, and leadership and management of a pastoral team.
In return, we offer 38 leadership development pathways to give you the ongoing professional development to become the school leader you’ve always wanted to be; your career could take you anywhere within Academy Transformation.
It’s time to find a new challenge. Apply online today.
Sutton Community Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.