Associate Senior Leader Head of Science
Required for September 2020
Salary: London Fringe + TLR1.2 (£9926)
We are a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and now on our journey to outstanding.
We are looking to appoint experienced, innovative and enthusiastic Science Specialist who will lead the improvement of the Science Department. The role focuses on providing high quality, strategic leadership and management. The successful candidate will work in partnership with other middle leaders to ensure that the highest standards are set across the department to monitor, evaluate and improve attainment and progress of all our students. Applicants will be involved in the formulation of policies and practices which take forward learning and teaching, along with leading the pedagogic and strategic direction in order to support and sustain improvements
You will be a Science teacher with a proven track record for high achievement in students learning, standards and progress. You have a belief in the ability of all within the college to achieve, have excellent communication skills, with a good understanding of team development and can inspire all staff and pupils.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
• Believes in young people.
• Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom and as a leader.
• Is keen to lead and manage a highly motivated staff team
• Is passionate about their subject and is keen to improve standards across all year groups.
• Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
• Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
• Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the school.
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
• A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
• Opportunities for further professional development
• Access to Surrey MyBenefits Scheme
• A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community
Potential applicant visits are welcomed and further information on the school and the position is available in the Candidate Pack.
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications: at 12 noon 20th April 2020.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
Kings International College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicant will be required to undertake a disclosure check by the Disclosure and Baring Service at an enhanced level for this post.