Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average, 4 form entry primary school in the Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing. The school’s facilities, such as the swimming pool and the Children’s Centre, provide a range of opportunities to work closely with the community. We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated Attendance and Admissions Officer to help to improve our attendance rates. The successful candidate will enjoy working within the administration team, as well as with young children and have experience of working in a school setting. Working as part of an experienced and dynamic administration team the candidate will also provide administration and clerical support in the front office.
Duties will include:
• To provide efficient and effective administrative and student facing support for the school with all matters related to whole school admissions and attendance, including punctuality.
• Ongoing monitoring and promotion of good attendance for all children. Supporting families that require it and providing intervention through making referrals to external agencies if necessary.
• To work with the leadership team and other members of school staff and families to improve the attendance of young pupils so as to improve their life chances.
• Provide general administrative and clerical support in the front office including customer facing aspects such as dealing with face to face queries and responding to routine correspondence.
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
You will need:
• Excellent verbal, written communication, numeracy and ICT skills
• Ability to work under pressure and show initiative when required
• Be highly organised, a good team player and have a good sense of humour
• A friendly, calm and approachable manner
What we will offer:
Regular training and continued professional development. Support from an experienced Headteacher and Governing Board. Ealing as a local authority provides a supportive network of colleagues who collaborate through quadrant groups and the Ealing Learning Partnership to ensure the best for all children in the Local Authority.
Horsenden Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.