Attendance and Safeguarding Officer
Required as soon as possible
Term time only
Grade E points 12-19
actual salary £18,996 - £21,820 per annum
Brocklewood Primary and Nursery School is seeking to appoint an experienced attendance and safeguarding officer to work alongside key school staff and multi agencies within the Local Authority to reduce the risk of harm to pupils and to improve their attendance
Brocklewood Primary School is an exciting place to work with a large staff of friendly and hardworking people who are dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and families from one of the most deprived areas in Nottingham.
The school is part of Transform Trust, a group of schools where we share good practice, ideas and work load and are willing to give new ideas a go. We are also active members of the Transform Teaching School Alliance and therefore have access to high quality CPD for staff at all levels, including leadership development and coaching. The school was last inspected in September 2017 and is “good” in all areas. This is an exciting time to join our forward-thinking team and to help shape further improvements beyond good.
• Improve levels of attendance for all pupils
• Reduce student absence and to engage with families to support them to ensure they fulfil their legal responsibilities.
• Promote a positive attendance and punctuality culture at the school.
• Play a vital role in the safeguarding of all pupils.
• Act as Designated Senior Person for the school, attending multi-agency meetings as required.
• To work with vulnerable children.
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Due to the restrictions in place to protect against the transmission of Covid-19, we are not offering visits to the school at this time but please email the headteacher, Heather Tarrant with any questions or to arrange an informal chat by telephone or via Zoom.
How to apply
Please download an application form from our Trust website. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Kerry Frizelle at Brocklewood Primary School Fircrfoft Avenue, Bilborough, Nottingham NG8 3AL
Closing date for applications : Friday 5th March 2021 10.00am
Interviews: 11th March 2021
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training.
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.