Required from 1st December 2020
Part time 15 hours per week
Permanent – 5 mornings (8.30am – 11.30m) – Term Time Only
Scale E Point 12 – 19 - £21,589 - £24,799 pro-rota
Actual salary £7,495 - £8,609 (depending on service)
Whitegate Primary and Nursery School are seeking to appoint an Attendance Officer to work alongside key school staff in school to promote excellent attendance, reduce levels of absence and work with children and families to promote high levels of attendance.
We warmly welcome applications from motivated, nurturing individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective team from 1st December 2020. The role will include working with identified individual and groups of pupils, using regular attendance checks and contact with parents/carers and students to improve levels of attendance. Also to collate information with regard to the attendance of students who may be experiencing attendance difficulties in order to inform school, Education Welfare and parents/carers.
- To ensure all unexplained absences are accounted for or send letter requesting an explanation.
- To follow Attendance Policy and send out letters as required.
- To contact all parents/carers of absent pupils on in line with the school’s Attendance Policy.
- To undertake home visits as required.
- To assist with the identification of pupils who will receive support in improving their attendance record.
- To work with parents/carers and other agencies in improving their child’s attendance record and coordinating parental support and training where appropriate.
- To work with a regular group of pupils using regular attendance checks and contact with parents/carers to improve levels of attendance.
- To produce termly reports for the Head of School and Executive Head Teacher.
- To work with pupils and families identified by the school.
- To liaise with DSL, HLTA, SENCO and Admin team.
- Hold attendance meetings in school with parents/carers.
- To keep up to date with training.
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are currently unavailable but we could provide a video walk around. Please contact the school office to request.
How to apply
To obtain an application form please visit the vacancy page on the Transform Trust website. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Teresa Shelton-Bourke, Whitegate Primary and Nursery School, Middlefell Way, Clifton, Nottingham, NG11 9JQ
Closing date for applications16th October 2020 - Noon
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training.
Whitegate Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced CRB disclosure will be sought.