Location: North West Bristol, BS10
Pay: £17,862-£19,140 (based on FTE £20,493-£22,183)
HOURS: 37 hours per week
At Bristol Free School, we are committed to the young people in our care. Our commitment encourages and inspires every child to fulfil their potential, we provide our students with the necessary skills to achieve academic and personal growth so they truly thrive, both socially and emotionally. We are excited to be advertising for a Attendance Officer to undertake work, care and support programmes to facilitate attendance of students.
Do you enjoy working with students from diverse backgrounds? Are you looking to become part of a supportive and inclusive team? At BFS we have a team of dedicated people who are all working together to support our students. Our school is a vibrant community and a highly rewarding place to work. This role is working 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday) permanent contract paying between £17,862-£19,140 (based on FTE £20,493-£22,183) dependant on experience.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
You will primarily be responsible for the organisation, management and evaluation of effective and targeted case-work with children and families to ensure school attendance targets are met
• Support for Students: To support students in achieving their full academic potential and to monitor the attendance of vulnerable groups of students (including PP, C4Cs, AEN) and liaise with pastoral staff, SENCO, ST as appropriate
• Support for Pastoral Staff: To work with key pastoral staff to interpret attendance information relating to attendance patterns and areas of concern, including the generation of intervention registers that identify students who will receive support in improving their attendance record
• Support for Parents: To work with parents, carers and other agencies (i.e. Education welfare / CYPS) to improve a student’s attendance record and to coordinate and undertake home visits as per the home visit procedure. This role would also involve parental support and training where appropriate
• Support for the School: To contribute to the effective safeguarding of students by Identifying children missing education and implementing appropriate intervention. Creating and implementing Attendance Plans for students in care or those known to CYPS / are on the Child Protection register
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Ability to manage own time effectively
• Ability to operate as part of a team or individually as required.
• Excellent communicator who is patient, flexible and adaptable.
What we offer
Being part of BFS means living our values of community, ambition and opportunity. We want our young people to leave BFS with confidence and a strong belief that they can make the best of their life chances and be positive citizens with a strong moral compass. We all have the potential to support to shape our school and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
The successful candidate can expect:
- A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact on our school community
- Positive and inclusive working environment where well-being is central to our culture
- Career development, CPD courses
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking onsite
BFS celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, then please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Deadline: 15 January
Interviews: w/c 18 January
If offered the post, appropriate checks will be carried out prior to your start date. These checks will include (but are not limited to) a full DBS check.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.