Future Academies is recruiting a team of Attendance Support Workers across its ten academies in London and Hertfordshire. This forms an integral part of our educational recovery programme, as we seek to ensure that no child’s life chances are adversely affected by the pandemic.
The purpose of the role is to support parents and students in improving students’ attendance at school, through proactive monitoring and intervention. Improving the attendance of persistently absent students will be a priority. Primarily, the role will involve engaging with parents and students through telephone discussions and home visits, although formal meetings may also be required on occasion. The role will involve close liaison with the academy’s attendance officer, as well as working with the wider pastoral team.
The role would suit somebody who is passionate about the importance of excellent attendance and who is motivated and determined to secure the best outcomes for students. Successful candidates must be able to work flexibly, to prioritise their workload and to use their initiative. They must also be able to travel within the school’s catchment area on foot and via public transport. Emotional resilience, empathy and the ability to hold sensitive, challenging conversations are important to the role. Previous experience in a public-facing role is desirable, although previous school-based experience is not required.
Full training will be provided to the successful candidates.
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. We are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with supportive leadership teams, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
• Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as a season ticket loan and pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Attendance Support Worker at Future Academies, please click on "Fast Apply" to complete an online application form no later than 10pm on Sunday 23 January 2022.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.