Up to £22,378
24 hours (Tuesday to Friday) Permanent
If dynamic, skilled and motivated describes you, come and join our friendly Beauty team. Our shared objective is to deliver an exciting and diverse learning environment supporting our students to become qualified Beauty Therapists, with a great experience of college life and ready for the commercial ‘real world’.
To do this, we are looking for a colleague who gets excited by team-teaching, developing and delivering engaging schemes of work blending practical and theoretical learning approaches.
Ideally, you’ll be qualified and experienced in teaching, but our criteria is purely a guide. We will consider candidates who fall outside these requirements who you can strongly demonstrate the required training and know-how competencies with a willingness to get stuck into doing your Teaching qualifications with us.
To support you, we offer mentorship, strong professional supervision, and a truly supportive peer network ready to assist you to achieve.
Swindon College prides itself in offering opportunities for Learners who may have been overlooked by the mainstream. We love what we do passionately, and who we do it for. Our approach puts the Learner first through delivering differentiated teaching, encouraging a growth mindset and supporting our Learners to overcome obstacles to achieve success.
What you’ll have:
• A minimum 4 years’ experience in the Beauty/Holistic Therapy industry,
• Experience of teaching, training or mentoring learners / Apprentices,
• The confidence and ability to evaluate, assess and give constructive feedback,
• A Level 5 Teaching Qualification (or the commitment to gain this qualification),
• A level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in a related subject,
• A level 2 English and Maths qualification (or equivalent), or the willingness to secure these as you work,
• Evidence of being technically up to date with current trends, beauty therapies and practices, and
How you’ll Work:
• Each year our timetables can vary, and the sessions we’re offering in 2019/20 are Tuesday 12.35 – 17.15, Wednesday 10.35 – 17.15, Thursday 10.35 -15.40 and Friday 09.00 – 12.05. You have the option to spend your additional 7.5 hours of preparation time either at the College or elsewhere to suit your lifestyle.
• Self-directed highly flexible working hours to support your work/life balance
• Access to the market leading Teacher Pension Scheme
• Wellbeing support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities and eye care voucher schemes, and
• On-site parking and subsidised restaurant, Costa & Starbucks
Full induction into the role will be provided alongside ongoing support and supervision from colleagues keen for you to join us.
Closing date: 8th January 2020
Interview date: 14th and 17th January 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community