BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PLAY MANAGER 28 hours per week, term-time only
Talbot Primary is seeking to appoint a Play Manager to lead in the delivery of our Before and After School provision. The successful candidate will co-ordinate our team of Play Leaders, including a Sports Coach and work alongside the school to deliver before and after school provision.
Do you have a creative mind? Are you experienced in working with young children? Would you like to lead a team to support best possible outcomes for our children? Would you thrive at using your creative ability to enhance children’s learning through play activities?
If so, we need you!
Salary Range: NJC SCP C1 – 12-17 - £21589 - £23836, pro-rata for term-time only.
Closing Date: Friday 5th June
This position is for 28 hours a week. Working pattern: 7.15am-9.00am and 3.00pm-6.15pm+ 3 hours PPA time
• Lead and co-ordinate the delivery and supervision of quality paid provision
• Be a role model to colleagues by ensuring all our children have access to engaging, fun and purposeful activities
• Encourage colleagues to participate with planning, with the children themselves; and fill that planning with the passion to develop the children’s abilities.
• Work as a team to ensure daily site checks and the safety of our children is secured
• Evaluate and provide input with the team
• GCSE grade C+ equivalent/NVQ Level 3
As part of this role, we need someone who will be able to confidently carry out daily site checks within the setting, co-ordinate and ensure the safety of the children, staff and site visitors. At the end of each session, our successful candidate would then also evaluate and provide input with the team collectively. This means the ability to work in a team is crucial.
In return we offer:
• a supportive and friendly team of colleagues;
• excellent professional development opportunities;
• enthusiastic and engaged children; and
• supportive parents and governors.
Talbot Primary is a successful and very popular primary. We are committed to providing the highest standards of learning and are proud of our achievements (visit our website for more information). We promote diversity and we want a work force that represents the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all irrespective of sex, sexuality, gender identity, race, religion, marital status, age or disability.
Talbot Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and we expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check as part of our safer recruitment procedures.
The closing date for applications will be Friday 5th June, 2020.
Interviews will take place on Friday 12th June, 2020.
Application packs are available from the school office or can be downloaded from Leeds City Council vacancy page, eteach or the school website. (Please see how to apply for details and where to send your application form)
Talbot Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.