King Alfred School is a thriving 11-18 mixed comprehensive with 1224 students on roll serving the towns of Burnham on Sea and Highbridge. The following vacancy exists:
Behaviour Support Officer
JG5 (points 22-26) – £21074 - £23,866
£16,781 p.a. actual salary
Fixed term initially until 31 August 2019
Term Time Only
35 hours (8.30-4.00pm)
This is a new post to start from 7 January 2019. We are seeking to appoint a Behaviour Support Officer who will work alongside both teaching and support staff to ensure that high standards of behaviour are achieved and students’ learning is maximised.
Specifically they will be responsible for the day-to-day running of our internal isolation facility, ensuring that students are effectively supervised, supported and challenged with appropriate work and strategies to help prevent their return to the facility.
• Be educated to a high standard with a minimum of GCSE Grade C in English and Mathematics (or equivalent qualifications)
• Be a current First Aid certificate or willingness to be trained as a First Aider
• Have a proven track record of working successfully with disaffected young people
• Have experience of assisting students with their learning
• Have strong listening and intervention skills
• Have the ability to remain positive under challenging circumstances
• Have the ability to manage emotional demands of working with young people with a wide range of behavioural, social and emotional problems.
In return, you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development with our strong CPD package within the Trust. We also offer our Platform website, which offers many discounts and support to our staff.
Closing date: Friday 14th December 2018 (12 noon)
Interviews : Week commencing 17 December 2018
The King Alfred School – an Academy has a commitment to Safeguarding and all posts require a criminal background check via DBS, medical clearance and references. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity or religion.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you have a disability you only need to meet the minimum qualifying criteria for the post you have applied for and you will be guaranteed an interview.
The King Alfred School – An Academy is committed to
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects
all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory
references, medical clearance and Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender,
disability, ethnicity or religion. As an
Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage applications from people
with disabilities. If you have a
disability you only need to meet the minimum qualifying criteria for the post
you have applied for and you will be guaranteed an interview.