Behaviour Support Officer
Grade 4, £12,977 - £13,501 (actual salary, pay award pending)
30 hours per week, term time only plus 5 training days
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 3:00pm (30 minutes lunch break)
The Yorkshire and the Humber Co-operative Learning Trust (YHCLT) was formed in September 2016 and is now responsible for 9 schools across Hull, 2 secondary and 7 primary schools.
We are committed to ensure that all of our schools have access to a high quality support services to underpin the excellent work our schools do in educating our pupils.
Required to start as soon as possible, a Behaviour Support Officer to provide pastoral and learning support to students. You will work alongside the Pastoral Year Leaders assisting in the implementation of agreed support strategies and restorative practice where necessary. You will possess excellent communication skills and work closely with parents/carers. In addition, you will be required to support with student supervision before school and at break and lunch times.
The successful candidate will have;
· GCSE grade C or equivalent in English
· The ability to establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model
· An understanding of the various barriers to learning, particularly in relation to those that would affect behaviour
· Experience of working in a school environment or similar for at least one year
In addition the following personal qualities;
· To be empathetic and a good listener
· To be encouraging and motivating
· Excellent interpersonal skills
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Paul Fraser via the school office.
Closing date Friday 2nd October 2020, 4pm.
Interviews will be held w/c 5th October 2020
Please visit the YHCLT website to view our Job Applicants Privacy Notice, which explains how we collect, store, and use personal data about individuals applying for jobs at our school.
YHCLT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers as well as with the Disclosure and Barring Service.