Repton School Dubai is seeking an outstanding Boarding Housemaster & Boarding Housemistress to commence in August 2020 (earlier start dates may be considered).
Either two individuals or a married couple would be considered for these vacancies, with family accommodation provided on school premises.
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of the few schools in Dubai to boast an Outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014.
One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child's and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
Please click here to view the candidate pack for Repton School Dubai
Purpose of the Role
In charge of one of the boarding houses, the housemaster/mistress is responsible for the smooth running of the house, the supervision and guidance of staff and, above all, the safety, welfare and wellbeing of the boarding pupils
Please click here to view the detailed job description
Successful candidates will:
- Hold B.Ed plus PGCE with appropriate specialism, or Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism (candidates from the UK are expected to hold QTS)
- Have several years experience teaching in a UK setting or reknowned British Curriculum / IB international school
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Boarding school environment as either Assistant Houseparent or Housemaster/Housemistress
- Enjoy community life, and not resent its intrusion on privacy, nor its occassional calls for hard work at unsociable hours for no pecuniary advantage
- Enjoy the company of young people for its own sake and have an easy rapport with them
- Have a good understanding of the developmental and curricular needs of pupils in an international school and the cultural sensitivities of the country and religious requirements
In return we offer:
- Commensurately reduced timetable in your chosen subject specialism
- Outstanding international package
- Generous leave entitlements
- Annual flight ticket, accommodation provided, and world class medical & healthcare benefits
- School fees remission for up to two dependent children in Repton School Dubai
Successful candidates will undergo detailed background checks including criminal record checks for all countries lived in and references for all employment in the last 10 years
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.