Playworkers for Somerdale Breakfast and After school Club
School: Somerdale Educate Together Primary School
Location: Tiberius Road, Keynsham
Contract Term: Permanent Term Time Only including INSET Days
Salary is £9.16 per hour
Breakfast Club (7.30am-9.15am each day)
Afterschool Club (2.45pm-5.45pm)
Somerdale Educate Together Primary Academy opened in September 2017 on the new Somerdale estate in Keynsham. We currently have six year groups from pre-school to year 4.
We are looking to recruit two, caring, motivated individuals who would be keen to join our happy team to support a Manager in our Breakfast and After School club. These people will support, facilitate and encourage safe and productive play and interaction alongside the manager to ensure the safety, general welfare and proper conduct of pupils during this period.
Main Duties would be to:
- To support the planning and preparation of a range of fun, play activities for children aged from pre-school - year 4.
- To plan and supervise play activities in the Breakfast and After School Club to ensure pupils are active, make choices and learn to play, supported by a responsive and adaptable approach to their play.
- To assist children to play in a safe, creative and exciting manner, ensuring they have access to appropriate resources and equipment
- To work with other staff to promote a positive play environment
- To follow Safeguarding, Health and Safety and other associated school policies and procedures
- To support the management of attendance, absence and drop-offs safely and efficiently
- To supervise pupils in designated areas of the school during breakfast and after school time and to ensure their safety, welfare and general conduct through appropriate application of the school’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure all children are in class on time, ready for registration and collected before the end of the school day for After School Club
- To establish safe and proper behaviour by appropriate intervention or referral to senior staff, as appropriate.
- To maintain, keep tidy and organise equipment and materials and report any additional resource needs to the line manager
- To take any immediate action to attend to sickness or accidents by carrying out minor first aid and summoning relevant assistance.
- To complete any documentation required by the school in relation to incidents occurring during the period and to participate in review meetings as required.
- To identify and report any unauthorised visitors on the school premises.
- To actively participate in training provided
- To check all equipment daily to ensure it is safe to use and undamaged
- To support the promotion of positive behaviour of pupils and report incidents immediately, using CPOMS to the Headteacher and senior leaders
- To undertake any additional duties specified in the BC and ASC assistant role as required
Closing date for applications is Monday 22nd February 2021 at 9am.
Interview date: Thursday 4th March 2021.
Somerdale Educate Together Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.