Up to £34,500, and up to £3,000 STEM specialist skills award
Permanent, full time
Our friendly Construction team is growing fast and we’d love you to be a part of our growth plans. We are incredibly excited to have been successful with a £20M Institute of Technology bid, and also to be progressing a merger with New College, Swindon from August 2020. These changes will extend the career opportunities for both our learners and staff cohort so it’s a really great time to join us!
You’ll teach both theory and practical skills to students who learn best when we develop creative teaching schemes, assignment activities and assessment materials. If you are looking for a new challenge, can inspire Learners and pass on your industry know-how, we have a great opportunity for your real-time experience to make a difference.
Swindon College prides itself in offering opportunities for Learners who may have been overlooked by the mainstream. We love what we do passionately, and who we do it for. You will thrive on the difference you can make for young people, and have the resilience to continue offering skilled support even when the going can occasionally get tough. You’ll also bring the communication skills, enthusiasm and adaptability to connect with a diverse range of students.
In this role you’ll:
• Deliver creatively devised highly practical training and teaching, and
• Share your industry knowledge with our learners to support their career path.
In this role you’ll bring:
• Teaching qualification at Level 5 e.g. Certificate in Education, or the ability and commitment to gain this through our cost-supported Teacher Apprentice Programme,
• Relevant Bricklaying Qualification, ideally L3 above e.g. City & Guilds/NVQ,
• Level 2 English and Maths qualification (or equivalent) and
• The ability to communicate with a diverse range of peers, learners and young people.
Full induction into the role will be provided to the post holder, along with mentorship and strong supervision.
About Swindon College
Our top priority is the wellbeing of our community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have adjusted our recruitment process so all face-to-face interviews or assessments will now be conducted via conference video.
We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our campus and to assess your potential fit.
Please be aware that initially, in the main this role will require some working from home but we’ll make sure you stay connected through and beyond your induction, via regular video team meetings, sessions with your mentor or learning coach and access to any support you may need from day one.
• Self-directed highly flexible working hours to support your work/life balance
• Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Training and development to support in your role
• 47 days annual leave (inclusive of discretionary and bank holidays)
• Wellbeing support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform
How to apply:
Closing date: 17th June 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community