The Park Academies Trust was formed in 2016 with the vision to make a significant contribution to improving education in Swindon and surrounds.
A family of four schools; Abbey Park School, Lydiard Park Academy, Orchid Vale Primary School and Red Oaks Primary School with plans to grow; the Trust offers a high quality all through educational provision from nursery right up to our Sixth Form based at Lydiard Park Academy, enabling staff and pupils alike to benefit from being part of a thriving multi-phase educational Trust.
We now have a permanent vacancy for a BSL Communication Support Worker to work in our Sign Bilingual Inclusion team as part of our approach to promote the emotional, social, physical and educational development of pupils. It is essential that the successful candidate has a genuine desire to understand the needs of pupils who require additional assistance and how to meet those needs.
This role is Mon-Fri 8.30am-3.00pm, 30 hours per week, working 39 weeks per year, paid for 44.64 weeks
• BSL Level 2, 3 or 4/6 with a willingness to train to further BSL development?
• Experienced with working with deaf children/adults?
• Someone who has an understanding of Bilingualism?
• Able to empower deaf learners?
• Capable of working with a wide range of professionals?
• Aware of and able to follow the CSW Code of Practice?
• A positive and dynamic environment in a Trust which is growing in both size and success
• A strong pupil ethos centred on mutual respect and fulfilling potential
• Excellent opportunities for CPD across the Trust.
• Competitive salary
• Staff Discount portal
• Support from experienced and knowledgeable colleagues across the Trust
• Enthusiastic, approachable and dedicated colleagues
• Attractive Pension Scheme
• Access to Benenden Health Care Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
TPAT reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than the stated date if enough suitable applications are received.
Red Oaks Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.