Due to the promotion of our School Business Manger to Trust Business Manager, St
John’s C of E Primary School has an exciting, part-time opportunity for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed individual to join our team. Our school offers children the very best education and is currently number 1 in Surrey for progress and has been in the top 3% of all schools nationally for the past 3 years. We are privileged by having outstanding facilities, dedicated staff and a high child to staff ratio. St John’s is a fun and rewarding place to work where its leadership place staff well-being and valuing all its stakeholders at its core.
The Business Administrator is pivotal in ensuring children are safe around the school,
our resources and finances are managed appropriately and our administrative team function effectively. The role is diverse and requires someone who is able to manage a wide range of stakeholders and their time effectively.
To provide effective and efficient financial services to the school ensuring that Trust procedures and
the principles of best value are followed at all times, thereby ensuring financial integrity.
To manage the school based daily and monthly HR processes ensuring compliance with the Trust’s
policies and procedures.
To ensure that office staff and resources are deployed effectively so that an efficient clerical and
office support function is available to all stakeholders.
1. Ensure that all Trust financial procedures are followed and appropriate approvals are
obtained for all financial operations.
2. Ensure accurate and timely processing of purchase invoices and upload into SAGE.
3. Produce BACs payment files and bank transfers and upload to the bank portal ready for
4. Manage the use of the school’s purchasing card in line with Trust procedures.
5. Raise sales invoices in a timely manner and ensure that funds are received.
6. Manage the school finance accounts i.e. manage the operation of parent pay, raise
payments and bank transfers as necessary, manage petty cash and ensure accounts are examined annually so that year end data is available for inclusion in the School’s year end financial accounts.
7. Maintain accurate filing records and cooperate with auditor requests by providing all
8. Report to the Trust Business Manager regularly and provide information as required.
9. Complete regular bank reconciliations for all accounts.
10. With the support of the Trust Business Manager, complete the month end process within
1. Liaise with the Trust Business Manager, the Trust HR director and ensure that all Trust HR
procedures are adhered to.
2. Place adverts for staff vacancies through Eteach as directed by SLT and complete all
recruitment administration to comply with safer recruitment regulations e.g. seek references etc.
3. Manage all school based HR procedures e.g. produce offer letters and contracts using the
GST templates, undertake pre employment checks,
4. Maintain the school’s Single Central Record.
5. Complete monthly service returns advising payroll of staff absences and changes to
contracted hours and liaise with payroll as necessary.
6. Ensure that the employment element of Pupil Asset is updated, including the monthly
recording of staff absences.
7. Manage the administration of the staff absences procedure ensuring that all staff policies
are applied consistently.
8. Maintain staff paper files.
1. Ensure that all volunteers and ad hoc visitors to the school have the appropriate
safeguarding checks made against them and are made aware of the child protection and safeguarding policy.
2. Ensure that pupil welfare is at the forefront of all office work; ensure medical plans are
produced in a timely manner and communicated to all stakeholders, ensure that appropriate first aid is available as necessary and all accidents are recorded correctly and work alongside the DSL team as directed.
3. Ensure that H&S procedures are followed; manage contractors on site in accordance with
the school’s “Access Control Risk Assessment”, all school trip administration is completed including risk assessments prior to the trip taking place.
4. Ensure that every piece of communication with all school stakeholder is managed with
regard to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection law.
5. Direct contractors on site as advised by the Trust Business Manager and caretaker.
6. Line manage the office team
Salary: GST S7. Starting salary at least £13.13 per hour (£24,642 FTE)
Start date: as soon as possible
Hours: 22 hours per week
All positions are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 24 September 2019
Interviews: Friday 27 September 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.