Kings Monkton School
Job Title: Business and Economics Teacher
Contract: 0.8 and permanent
Start Date: January 2021, or earlier if possible
Scale: KMS 1-6 with TPS
Kings Monkton is a successful co-educational independent school in the heart of Cardiff for children from 3-18 years old. Our vision is to give our children the future they deserve and pride ourselves on our inclusive, friendly and high achieving ethos. We offer our children small classes of 18, a caring and supportive environment, and excellent learning and teaching opportunities.
We are currently looking for an innovative and outstanding Business and Economics teacher to teach GCSE, BTEC and A Level Business and Economics. The post also requires the teaching of some BTEC ICT at Level 2. The post has arisen due to the current teacher getting a job closer to home and we would welcome the successful candidate to start after October half term if possible.
The successful candidate will join a small faculty with Computer Science and will have their own teaching room and adjoining ICT suite. Our classes are small and always capped at 18, with option classes usually no bigger than 12. Options for Business at GCSE/BTEC strong, taking between 4-8 pupils each year and A Level Business is growing with classes around 4/5 pupils. Economics is still a small option, usually around 2 pupils at A Level and there is potential to grow.
In the school we currently offer the tenner challenge to pupils and are extending this provision into the primary school as well. There is great interest in the school for entrepreneurial opportunities and Young Enterprise.
The successful candidate will be a team player who offer excellent, innovative teaching to our pupils. We have recently developed online teaching in all our classes, so we have a bended learning environment with some children onsite and others online. We teach through google classroom and knowledge of google drive and classroom would be an advantage.
The interview will be based on a lesson observation and a formal panel and pupil panel interview. As such, we would welcome interested candidates to visit our school and to meet
with me and the staff. Please contact me on my email if you would like to take up this offer - Paul Norton. (Details can be found by clicking Apply)
Interviews will take place on Thursday 1st October and we welcome potential candidates to visit our school on Thursday 24th September from 08.30. Closing date for applications is Friday 25th September October at 09.00.
There will be an opportunity to work with pupils throughout the school and a commitment to after school activities and events is essential.
Kings Monkton School is a private independent school and has its own pay scale:
KMS Scale Main Pay Range
KMS2 £ 26,000.00
KMS3 £ 28,000.00
KMS4 £ 30,000.00
KMS5 £ 32,000.00
KMS6 £ 35,000.00
We pay TPS and have a number of additional benefits for working in the school:
- Refreshments Package
- All staff have access to our free refreshments package, which gives staff access to tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the day. Biscuits are also provided free of charge and on Fridays cakes and fruit platters are available for staff during the hours of 10.00-11.15.
- Free brunch during INSET days and complimentary Christmas Dinner. Subsidised end of academic year summer party.
- Free lunch for approved lunchtime clubs.
- Health Benefits
- Free eye tests for all staff. Free winter Flu Vaccination jabs.
- Cyclescheme is the UK's most popular cycle to work benefit, creating more cyclists than any other provider. The cycle to work scheme allows employees to obtain commuter bikes and cycling accessories through Kings Monkton School, whilst spreading the cost over 12 months and making unbeatable savings through a tax break, saving between 25-39% on a new bike for work.
- Techscheme lets you get the latest tech through your employer. You then spread the cost with payments from your salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make National Insurance saving up to 12%. Techscheme is powered by Apple and Currys PC World, so you can choose from over 5,000 products from their incredible range.
- Use of Gym
- All staff have access to our refurbished gym and can use the facilities free of charge after school.
- Child Discount
- Teaching staff are eligible for a 50% reduction on school fees for their children who attend the school.
Teaching staff at Kings Monkton School benefit from an additional 3 weeks holiday, compared to our state counterparts and class sizes capped at 18 pupils.
As we are based in the heart of the City of Cardiff we have excellent access to all the local venues and make full use of this opportunity. If you would like to play your part in creating outstanding provision for our pupils, we would very much like to hear from you.
Kings Monkton Independent School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.