Business and Operations Officer (Compliance)
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated person to fulfil a new and diverse job role at our central Ealing primary school. The Business and Operations Officer (Compliance) will be a key member of our business administration team and will provide support to our Business Manager and to the Senior Leadership Team in fulfilling their responsibilities for all of the non-teaching functions of the school. The role is part-time, 30 hours per week, term-time plus two weeks (total 40 weeks)
The main requirements of the role are:
- A minimum of one full year’s experience in an administrative or managerial role at a primary school
- The ability to organise your own workload and that of others
- A willingness and ability to acquire knowledge and skills relating to a wide variety of school functions
- A high standard of written and spoken English and the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- The confidence and ability to make decisions independently within the remit of the role
- Reliability and a ‘team player’ approach to working in our small team
- An understanding of and willingness to adhere to safeguarding policies and procedures at our school
In return, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment, the opportunity to work with experienced colleagues in a small and cohesive team and targeted CPD to support you in your role. In addition, our school enjoys exceptionally pleasant surroundings in a conservation area which is close to Ealing Broadway and Park Royal transport links and adjacent to an established arboretum.
Visits to the school by interested candidates are welcomed. To arrange a visit, please contact the school office and ask for Miss Power, the Business Manager. Shortlisted candidates will be notified on the closing date and interviews will take place in week commencing Monday, 13th December 2021. The school reserves the right to interview and/or appoint early applicants before the closing date.
Although the successful candidate will not work directly with pupils as a key responsibility of their role, interaction with pupils will happen on a daily basis. The successful candidate will also have defined safeguarding responsibilities as part of their role. Montpelier Primary School is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a self-declaration of their criminal record or information that would make them unsuitable to work with children. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
The school is not able to accept CVs and so any application must be on the application form attached to this job advertisement.
Montpelier Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.