Lecturer in Business
Up to £34,500 pro rata
22.2 hours a week, Fixed term until December 2020
Do you have a passion for your subject specialism and can pass on your knowledge and support our learners to gain their career critical qualifications? We are looking for a colleague who gets excited by writing and delivering engaging schemes of work helping students be actively involved in learning both practically and theoretically.
You will join a friendly team who are all committed to inspiring our learners to ensure they are ready for their next career step, so preparing your students for different assessments including class tests, examinations and coursework will be an essential part of your role.
• Experience of teaching, training or mentoring learners
• The ability to evaluate, assess and give feedback
• The ability to produce high quality schemes of work, lesson plans and be willing to work with peers to share and engage with best practice approaches
• A Level 5 Teaching Qualification (or the commitment to gain this qualification)
• A relevant Business linked Degree or significant industry experience
• A Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of Pearson BTEC qualifications is highly desirable
About Swindon College
We are incredibly excited about progressing a merger with New College, Swindon from August 2020 which will extend the opportunities for our learners and staff cohort. It’s a great time to join us!
Our top priority is the wellbeing of our community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have adjusted our recruitment process so all face-to-face interviews or assessments will now be conducted via conference video. We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our campus and to assess your potential fit.
Please be aware that initially, in the main this role will require working from home.
Working from home we’ll make sure you stay connected through and beyond your induction, via regular video team meetings, sessions with your mentor or learning coach and access to any support you may need from day one.
• Self-directed highly flexible working hours to support your work/life balance
• Access to the market leading Teacher Pension Scheme
• 47 days annual leave (inclusive of discretionary and bank holidays)
• Wellbeing support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits
Closing date: 12th July 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community