Achieving for Children is a Community Interest Company that has a public sector ethos, combined with the freedom to innovate enabling us to do things differently. As a not-for-profit social enterprise owned by three local authorities (Windsor & Maidenhead, Kingston and Richmond), we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government.
We are responsible for the entire range of children’s education, health and social care services in all three boroughs. We use a Signs of Safety practice model and approach which ensures the voice of the child is at the heart of everything we do. There’s never been a better time to join AfC, we are growing our workforce, implementing new flexible working arrangements and have increased our virtual wellbeing offer.
We now have the following job opportunity available and we would be delighted to receive your application to continue our story.
Business Support is a central, fluid and flexible service providing support to critical activities that take place on a daily basis to enable the business to function and services to be delivered. A key driver for the Business Support service is to deliver robust, resilient and efficient administrative support through the seven Business Support Teams which meet client expectations.
We are looking to recruit for both full time and part time vacancies. The location will be Kingston/Twickenham.
About the role
The Business Support Assistant is responsible for undertaking administrative duties,working in a team under the supervision of the Business Support Team Leader and at times the Business Support Officer by liaising with service areas within the directorate to ensure that work is completed on time and to the standards stated by the Service Level Agreement. The post holder will have good administration and technology experience to undertake a range of functions that may include:
- Note or minute taking
- Preparing and organising business meetings
- Processing workflows
- Dealing with internal and external customers
- Providing a high quality customer experience
The Post holder will have experience of working in a business support capacity providing a wide range of administrative support including:
- Good customer service skills
- Experience of keeping basic records, both manual and electronic
- Previous knowledge of accurately recording and inputting data/financial information within agreed timescales
- Competent using spreadsheets and collating statistical information
- Ability to prepare and distribute basic correspondence including taking minutes where appropriate for meetings
About our benefits
We are focused on creating a positive supportive environment, where you will have access to a really wide range of resources, as well as a competitive salary and all the perks to work remotely. In AfC you will also have access to:
- Tailored induction sessions commencing on the date you start working for AfC
- Stable and supportive leadership
- Hybrid and mobile working with latest technology to facilitate this
- Local Government salary and pension scheme (LGPS or Teachers Pension)
- Holiday package upto 34 days per year with option to purchase additional leave
- Flexible working options - helping to keep a good work life balance
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, offering support for the whole family
- A range of staff benefits and discounts
- A excellent learning and development offer to support your career pathway
Achieving for Children is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.