Business Support Officer
Salary: Scale TS3 14-17/ FTE £17,072 (pro rata - term time plus 4 weeks: £15,630)
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
An outstanding Business Support Officer is required as soon as possible, as we are expanding in our new
Academy. The ideal candidates will be well-qualified, enthusiastic and passionate individuals who will be joining Eden Girls’ School, Waltham Forest, which is part of a successful family of schools, run by Star Acadmies.
In September 2014, Eden Girls’ School, Waltham Forest opened with its founding cohort of 150 students in Year
7 and in Year 8. The school now has 350 students in Years 7-10 and is a popular and heavily subscribed academy. The organisation will grow year on year to become an 11-18 academy of 840 students with a specialism in Leadership and is fast becoming the school of choice in the local authority. The school building is currently being developed to offer State of the Art 21st Century Learning facilities.
Our mission is to create an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic
achievement, personal development and community service.
We are looking to appoint one Business Support Officer.
- be extremely well organised, with lots of initiative, drive and the ability to cope well under pressure
have management experience
- have experience of educational settings and an understanding of the IT systems that support
administration within schools
- be proficient in MS Office programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook), including advanced applications such
as setting up financial spreadsheets, mail merge, databases etc.)
- have excellent communication and motivational skills
- be committed to professional development and improving yourself and others.
You will find a school that:
- is passionate about its mission of ‘promoting a culture of educational excellence within a caring and
secure Islamic environment’
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from students, staff and parents.
Closing date: Wednesday 19
th December, 2018, 12 Noon
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact Human Resources on 0208-523-1810
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our school are
subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of children. This post is subject to satisfactory clearances
including references, DBS checks, health clearances and proof of legal working
in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.