- College location:East Surrey College (Redhill)
- Salary: £20,480.62 (Please note this salary has already been pro-rated accordingly and is inclusive of annual leave entitlement)
- Hours: Term Time Only (38.5 hours/week across 36 weeks each Academic Year)
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Campus Officer & CCTV Operator to join us on a Permanent basis. This exciting post will give you the opportunity to be part of the dedicated facilities team who are committed to ensuring the provision of first class facilities and a safe, secure environment for students, staff and visitors.
Representing the College in a professional manner, you will be committed to promoting a disciplined and orderly culture among the learners while providing a visible presence.
Your responsibilities will include: performing routine patrols of the College building and grounds, checking student IDs, assisting with and promptly reporting incidents, operational use of our CCTV system, ensuring that all CCTV work is compliant with the sites Assignments Instructions while also acting as a Fire Warden and First Aider.
Successful candidates must have:
- Experience in a profession involving the direct enforcement of rules regulations, policies or laws e.g. Armed forces, police
- Significant experience in a customer facing role dealing with challenging situations and conflict
- Excellent written and verbal command of the English Language
- Proven ability to write concise and coherent reports
You will also have knowledge of Health and Safety regulations. It would also be desirable for you to hold a Security/Policing qualification, have experience of CCTV systems and of working in an educational organisation.
If this sounds like you and you will enjoy working in a friendly, fast paced, changing environment with state of the art facilities, we would love to hear from you. In return, we offer a competitive salary, as well as excellent staff benefits such a choice of two excellent pension schemes, life assurance, free onsite parking and access to our fully equipped gym along with discounted in house Spa and Salon treatments.
At East Surrey College we are committed to Equal Opportunities, encouraging applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are also committed to PREVENT and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that ESC is a smoke-free zone, with no smoking permitted anywhere on campus
East Surrey College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.