Hours of Work: Part-Time Term-Time Only plus inset days. 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 12pm
Salary: BG4 £17,711-£18,065 FTE Actual Salary £8334-£8501 per annum
Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
Answering screening and forwarding incoming phone calls
Receiving and sorting daily mail
Monitoring of Campus email boxes
We are looking for a Receptionist to work our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for Bridge Learning Campus. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organisation. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the school. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking is essential for this position.
Ultimately, a Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
• Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the door
• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
• Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
• Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
• Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
• Maintain safeguarding by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (signing in system, issue visitor badges)
• Order front desk supplies
• Update room calendars
• Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
• Proficiency in IT systems
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Excellent organisational skills
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
• Customer service attitude
GCSE in Maths and English. Equivalent experience or other qualifications
Application Deadline: Midday Friday 24th January 2020
Interview Date: Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 27th January 2020
Safeguarding: The Bridge Learning Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the expectation is that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant. It is our policy to obtain references prior to interview.
Fluency Duty: The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Bridge Learning Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.