Care Assistant (Temporary)
Contract Term: Fixed Term until 31st July 2020
Salary: GLPC – C, points 4 – 5 (pro rata salary is £12,793 pa based on £18,426 FTE)
Hours: 30 hours per week, term time only (including INSET days), Monday to Friday 8.30am to 11.20am and 12.20pm to 3.30pm
Start Date: As soon as possible, to be confirmed with the successful applicant
Job Reference: Care/2019
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and creative individual to take the role of a Care Assistant within our Early Years setting.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an aspiring teaching assistant or care assistant to gain experience in an outstanding primary school. The successful candidate will be working under the direction of the Nursery lead to support pupils with personal care routines including toileting.
Your main responsibility is to ensure the safety, general welfare and wellbeing of pupils throughout the school day.
- The opportunity to join a dedicated staff team where you can make a real difference to our children.
- A varied and interesting role where your contribution will be highly valued.
- Supportive colleagues and senior leaders.
- A proactive and supportive Governing Body.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in a childcare or personal care environment is desirable. This can be personal or professional.
- Experience of working in a setting subject to safeguarding and health & safety.
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
- A positive attitude and sense of humour
- A willingness to learn new skills
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and candidates wishing to visit the school beforehand should telephone school or email to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications: noon on Wednesday 30th October
Shortlisting: Thursday 31st October
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 5th November
Old Basford School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expects all staff and volunteers to behave in such a way that supports this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) References will need to be seen before any offer of employment is made.