Required from 28 August 2020
Part time - Monday to Friday 8.20am – 12 noon. Term time only
Fixed term for 1:1 care with a named child.
Grade C points 4-5 (£18,426-£18,795 FTE)
Actual salary £7816 - £7974
William Booth Primary and Nursery School is seeking to appoint a Care Assistant to support a named child with their day to day personal care needs and contribute to the management of pupil behaviour by encouraging positive behaviour in the classroom.
William Booth is an average sized, thriving 210 primary school with a 60 place Nursery, very close to the city centre. The school is set on a fairly large site and considerable efforts have gone into making the most of the site to provide our children with an appropriate and stimulating outdoor environment.
Visitors to the school always talk very enthusiastically about the quality of the learning environment and the highly tangible warm, inviting and positive ethos. A quote from one of our visitors encapsulates William Booth very well: “There is something special about the place the moment you step through the door. It is a haven for everyone in the middle of a very busy city”.
The school was last inspected by OFSTED in January 2014 as a Good school.
We serve a varied catchment area and our children reflect a variety of social, cultural and academic backgrounds.
We warmly welcome applications from motivated, nurturing individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective team. The post will provide one to one support for a named child with their day to day personal care needs You will:
• have the patience to provide 1 to 1 support to children with complex needs
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to supporting pupils with their physical, emotional and social development
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
This post will be on a temporary basis, depending on the need of the child.
Due to current circumstances, we are unable to offer visits to school – but please feel free to contact the school if you have any queries.
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Rachel Lee (Business Manager) at William Booth Primary School, Notintone Street, Sneinton, Nottingham NG2 4QF
Closing date for applications: 15th June @ 9am.
Interviews may be carried out remotely – depending on government advice.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6500 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training.
William Booth Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.