We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated care assistant to work under the direct supervision of colleagues to meet needs of individual or small groups assigned (this may involve peg feeding and supporting children with type 1 diabetes). We are looking for the right person who has a passion for ensuring that all children can fully access the curriculum in order to reach their full potential.
Most important for us is someone who wants to develop their own knowledge and skills working with young children. If you already have relevant experience that is great but if you don’t then do not be put off! We have a strong commitment to supporting staff continued professional development and this could be the start of a successful career for you. This role will be fully supported by our qualified teaching assistant team. The hours will be 8.30am to 2.00pm (includes ½ hour lunch) Monday-Friday term-time only.
We will offer you:
• a positive working environment where everyone is valued
• an environment where good behaviour and good manners are a priority
• an ethos of mutual respect where we listen to and value all contributions
• high quality professional support and development
• a real commitment to work-life balance.
In return, we expect you to:
• have high expectations for all children
• have good levels of Maths and English skills
• have knowledge of working with children and a willingness to learn more
• have a strong belief in positive behaviour management
• know that we are all learners and are committed to your own professional development
• have a good sense of humour (it helps!)
Visits to the Academy are positively encouraged.
Langley Mill Academy Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safe recruitment procedures and will require enhanced DBS clearance and references from past employers.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 21st June 2021
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Langley Mill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.