Hours: 10 hours per week, all year round, with the possibly of this increasing to 15 hours in the future.
Monday – Friday, ideally 7.15am-9.15 am although there is the potential to negotiate the working hours if necessary.
During the school holidays, it is anticipated that the weekly hours will be compounded to allow the school to be open for whole specific days. This will be discussed and agreed at interview.
Salary: Hay 11 (£5,080 - £5,181 per annum)
Little Stoke Primary School is a friendly, happy & caring place where everyone is a valued member of the team. It occupies a large, versatile site including a mature and substantial Forest School area.
We are looking for a new Caretaker to join our team of staff who will play a key role in the smooth and efficient running of the school to maintain the high standard of facilities that the children & staff enjoy.
• be a highly organised individual who will help maintain and manage a safe learning environment for the children & staff
• have a keen eye for detail to ensure our facilities are clean, safe and well maintained
• have good DIY skills to undertake basic maintenance of the premises
• have the ability to work effectively in a limited time frame to complete key tasks.
Key Duties include:
• Acting as one of the main keyholders
• Locking & unlocking of the school premises to ensure the security of the school site in conjunction with our external key holding company.
• Health & Safety checks including alarm systems, legionella and playground equipment, asbestos.
• Waste management including recycling
• General tidiness and safety of internal and external areas
• Liaise with the School Business Manager if any defects are identified
• Some DIY tasks as is reasonable within the hours.
We can offer you:
• A friendly, supportive team who are proud of their surroundings
• The opportunity to make a positive contribution to our children and their learning environment
• Opportunities for professional development
• 24 days holiday, increasing to 29 days after 5 years’ service plus 9 Bank Holidays (including 27th December annually). At least 3 weeks of annual holiday entitlement are to be taken during periods of school closure and all holidays are to be agreed in advance with the School Business Manager.
Closing Date for Applications – 12 noon, Wednesday 18th September
Interviews – Week commencing 23rd September.
The school is closed during August but applications can be submitted via email and will be picked up at the beginning of September.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Little Stoke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.