Start date: 2nd November 2020 or earlier, if possible
Hours: 25 hours per week (Monday to Friday 6.45am – 9.15am and 3.15pm – 5.45pm)
Salary: Hay 11 (£13,049 - £13,309 per annum)
We wish to appoint a reliable, self-motivated caretaker to join our team. The role will involve carrying out duties to ensure the premises are safe, secure and well maintained at all times.
As a main keyholder, the role will include responsibility for site security, which include fire and intruder alarms, locking and unlocking of the buildings, general maintenance and repairs and some cleaning.
St Chad’s is a popular school; you will be part of a dedicated and skilled team of adults, who care about and enjoy their jobs, and who are supportive of one another. St Chad’s Patchway CE VC Primary school is friendly, inclusive and a great place to be. We cater for 210 pupils and continue to be a well loved school.
The successful candidate will:
• Be committed to the safeguarding of children;
• Have a calm, courteous, professional and friendly approach;
• Work to a high standard and take pride in their work;
• Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Be able to communicate effectively;
• Be a friendly point of contact for parents and visitors;
• Have previous experience of premises/site management;
• Have a high standard of maintenance skills, such as plumbing and carpentry;
• Have a flexible approach, in particular to closing for the occasional later night or Saturday.
The postholder has a responsibility to promote and safeguard the safety and welfare of children in accordance with the school's child protection, safeguarding, health and safety and behaviour management policy.
In exchange we can offer you:
• A happy school with a committed, hardworking, friendly staff team and a welcoming, caring ethos,
• Supportive parents and Governors,
• A high level of support with opportunities for professional and personal development and an opportunity to share in the future provision and vision of the school.
The annual leave entitlement for full time all year round employees is 24 days, rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service, (plus bank holidays days), pro rata for part time, in agreement with the Headteacher.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 2nd October 2020.
If you would like to discuss this post further, please telephone the Headteacher, Steph Jenkins.
To apply, please complete the attached application form and return it to the school either by post or via email by 9am on Friday 2nd October. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 2nd October; successful candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by 6pm on Monday 5th October. Interviews are anticipated to be held on Friday 9th October or Monday 12th October.
We would like to appoint the successful candidate to start on Monday 2nd November (or earlier if possible).
St Chad’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
St Chad's Patchway CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.