Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 20 hours per week (Monday to Friday 7am – 11am) plus 10 hours worked per month over a weekend – flexibility over the times they are worked; to be discussed at interview
Salary: Hay 11 (£11,639 - £11,872 per annum)
Due to the retirement of our Caretaker, Bowsland Green Primary School is looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and reliable person for the role of school caretaker.
As the main keyholder, the post will involve ensuring the safety of the school premises, carrying out maintenance and handyperson duties.
We are looking for a caretaker who is:
• Hardworking and committed to ensuring the school site is safe, clean and secure
• Reliable and keen to show initiative
• Have the necessary skills of good DIY and undertake general repairs and maintenance with knowledge and confidence
• Flexible and willing to help with locking and unlocking the school for occasional events which may occur outside of the usual hours
• Keen to work as part of an friendly and welcoming team
• Willing to undertake any appropriate training
• Able to act as a positive adult role model for both staff and pupils
In return, we can offer:
• A positive and friendly working environment
• An exciting role which demands initiative, hard work and positive relationships with all members of the school community
• Opportunities for training and development
Due to current Covid-19 regulations, tours of our school must be booked and in line with our risk assessment. If you would like to book a visit or discuss the role in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact the school and an appointment will be booked for you.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 23rd October 2020.
Interviews: Wednesday 4th November 2020, am.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Bowsland Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.