Parklands Educate Together Primary Academy is a two-form entry school. We opened in 2017 on a temporary site and have subsequently moved to new premises in 2020. The school is not yet full, but will continue to grow up to a total of 420 pupils plus a pre-school.
Educate Together has an ethos of being:
- Equality based: children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds being equally respected
- Co-educational and committed to encouraging all children to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities
- Child-centred: all children have a voice and staff make decisions that are right for our children
- Democratic whereby all children, staff and parents are involved in decisions that we make
Would you like the opportunity to help us to ensure that our school provides a safe and welcoming environment for our children, staff and visitors? Are you a hard working individual? Do you take pride in your work?
We are looking for a practical and well-motivated person for the post of caretaker to join our happy and committed team of staff. We especially want someone who will really care about our school, helping to make it look its best and enjoy being part of a staff team who encourage the children to respect and be proud of their school environment.
Your duties will include the safety and security of the building, maintenance of the school grounds, buildings and facilities and carrying out a range of handyperson duties. The initial hours are 10 per week, however as the school expands there may be opportunities for this to increase further.
You will be required to work from 7am to 9am Monday to Friday, 10 hours per week. The typical day would comprise of:
- Unlocking building and gates, bringing in milk or fruit into building
- Checking grounds for litter
- Dispersing salt in cold conditions
- Weekly- Empty playground bins
- Check paper towels/ soap dispensers and top up as necessary
- Light portering duties if any deliveries have arrived
- Basic maintenance- changing bulbs, minor DIY etc
- Weekly- Fire alarm test
A further 10 hours is allocated to holiday periods to undertake minor repair work or unlock the premises for external contractors. This will be agreed with the Headteacher.
Experience of working in a similar environment is desirable but not essential. The post requires some independence and the ability to use your own initiative.
If you believe you are the right candidate, please complete the application form
and return via eteach by 9am on Monday 2nd November. Interviews will be held the following week.
Parklands Educate Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.