Job / Person Summary
We are looking for a job share for someone who will take personal pride in the appearance of our school site, both inside and outside.
Hours of work:- Job share (we will consider one person carrying out a split shift for the full 30 hours )
Morning role - 7am to10am Monday to Friday 15 hours per week (52 weeks per year)
Afternoon role - 3pm to 6pm Monday to Friday 15 hours per week (52 weeks per year)
Do you have:-
• An eye for detail and good handyman skills?
• energy and enthusiasm?
• excellent time management skills?
• a pro-active, well organised, flexible approah and are able to work on your own initiative?
• good communication skills and a “can do” attitude?
The role includes:
• responsibility for the security of the site and buildings, including acting as key holder
• ensuring Health & Safety systems are in place so that all practices and emergency procedures are safe
• adhere to requirements including weekly, monthly and termly checks
• provide a caretaking service, undertaking minor repairs, maintenance and decoration tasks
• developing and managing a programme of planned and preventative maintenance
• liaising with contractors, including cleaning staff, and overseeing specialist work, monitoring performance and raising any issues or concerns
• some stock management and administration, including the need to be computer literate
• some evening and weekend work may be required, including oncall
• the role will include working at heights and moving and handling – appropriate training will be given
We can offer:
• a supportive and caring team where staff well-being is foremost
• a pleasant working environment and beautiful grounds
• full induction programme with on-going support and training
• Local government pension scheme
We very much encourage and welcome visits to the school and we look forward to hearing from you.
We reserve the right to employ a candidate before the closing date 25 January 2021
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant pre-employment checks, including a Section 128 Check.