Required for as soon as possible
Part time 25 hours per week
All year round
NJC points 6 – 11
£19,698.00 - £21,749.00
Pro rata actual salary £13,309 - £14,495
We are looking for an experienced caretaker who is committed to developing, improving and maintaining the school learning environments so that all our children are supported, motivated and excited by achieving excellence.
Here at Zaytouna, our mantra is, ‘Everyone a learner. Everyone a leader’ and we are looking for an inspirational caretaker to come and join our staff team. We care passionately about developing the whole child and if you are successful, then you can contribute to maintaining and improving our learning environments which are packed with PE, art and digital technology.
You will work alongside the Site Manager and be responsible for the security, maintenance, health and safety and cleanliness of the school premises, assisting with planned maintenance and day to day to repairs.
The role will primarily involve working a morning shift, which will involve opening up the school site and carrying out health and safety checks ready for the school day. start and finish times will be discussed during application, there is also a requirement around flexibility regarding start and finish times which will be required from time to time, dependant on the needs of the school. There may also be a requirement for spilt shifts to cover opening and closing of the school building when the Site Manager is absent or in conjunction with the hire of the school’s facilities.
• Be motivated and enthusiastic about maintaining learning environments which will make a difference to every child’s education
• Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward projects to further enhance our curriculum learning environments
• Value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Be a team player who will contribute fully to the life of Zaytouna Primary (we like to have fun)!
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
• Be organised, dedicated and hardworking
• Be flexible and excited about innovation
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and
We are an inclusive school where all are inspired to excel in their achievements; we are all shining examples of how to live in multi-cultural Britain.
Zaytouna Primary School is a warm and welcoming school that truly inspires all; children, parents and the wider community by providing them with calm, reflective and safe environments in which they can be nurtured.
It is a place where everyone is valued as an individual that is part of a family where we all work together with respect, transparency and honesty in the love of Allah. We aim to ensure that the Islamic ethos is a golden thread that runs through everything that we do.
If you wish to obtain further more information about this position, please contact the school office to arrange a telephone conversation with Joanne our Office Manager.
How to apply
Please complete and return your application form by email to Joanne Robottom at
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 26th March 2021.
Interview date will be Wednesday morning 31st March 2021.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on the trust website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training.
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.