To start as soon as possible.
The Governors of Cilffriw Primary School wish to appoint a responsible, caring, reliable person for the post of school caretaker. The Governors will be seeking the following skills/personal qualities:
• Enthusiasm, self-motivation and the ability to take the initiative to deal with problems as they arise.
• Practical skills and a pride in high quality work.
• Good people skills with adults and children.
• An understanding of Health and Safety policies and procedures would be an advantage but not essential as full training can be arranged.
• A high level of physical energy to maintain extensive outdoor areas: playgrounds, pathways and steps.
The post holder may be called out in unsocial hours or weekends to deal with security problems, and allow access for emergency repairs.
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing. The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS and barred list check (child).
You may apply online or download an application pack quoting the relevant reference number.
Cilffriw Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.