Scale 3 SCP 5-6 £20,318 - £20,725
Hours: 40 hours a week. All year round (5 weeks holiday + bank holidays)
Start Date: ASAP
This Caretaker vacancy is at our Newbridge School, Worcester , WR5 1DS
Caretaker Scale 3 - Full time
Hours: 40 hours a week (9.30am - 6.00pm with half an hour lunch break) Caretakers will be required to attend emergency call outs to the school, which may be in unsociable hours, e.g. evenings and weekends.
Newbridge School is a secondary school for students who have been excluded from mainstream school. We are looking to appoint an experienced, highly motivated and committed caretaker who can support and enhance our learning environment and oversee the day-to-day management of the school site, ensuring a high level of hygiene and safety is maintained.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Ensure the site is clean and remains secure.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and best practice requirements e.g. PAT testing, legionella testing, emergency lighting tests
- Lock the school gates in the afternoon after school and ensure the school is secured after all teachers have left for the day.
- Undertake general caretaking and maintenance duties, e.g. changing lightbulbs, collecting waste and refuse, and making temporary repairs to broken windows.
- Work with the school’s cleaners to ensure internal and external areas remain tidy and safe.
- Assist in the decoration of the school.
- Advise and collaborate with the Head of school to develop and improve internal and external areas of the school site.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained on items such as cleaning products, lightbulbs and paints.
The successful candidate will:
- Have good organisational skills
- Be punctual
- Communicate well and be confident managing others
- Have good teamwork skills
- Respect confidentiality and the potential sensitivities of working in a school, e.g. safeguarding laws
- Have experience working in a school
- Be able to demonstrate in their application that they can fulfill the main duties of the job description and person specification
The successful candidate will also be subject to enhanced DBS checks, pre-employment health screening and obtaining of satisfactory references by the school.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 27th March 2020
Interview date: TBC
You can apply through the eteach website or you can access our own online application form on the Job Vacancies page of the Advance Trust website.
Advance Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.