Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division, which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking to employ a reliable Caretaking Assistant/Key holder to assist the Facilities Manager to deliver an efficient caretaking / cleaning service of a multi-site College. To ensure that the day to day caretaking / cleaning related activities across college sites are carried out effectively and efficiently in line with College and Health & Safety policies and procedures and the needs of the college. You will be responsible for the completion of relevant cleaning risk assessments and need to communicate effectively with the facilities team and staff across the college to ensure an efficient and effective service.
• Trustworthy, honest and reliable;
• Living in the locality;
• Excellent knowledge and practical experience of cleaning, working with cleaning agents and equipment;
• Good knowledge and practical experience on the security of buildings;
• Willing to work flexibly around the changing needs of the College;
• Good personal presentation;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
• Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks effectively;
• Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision;
• Proven ability to effectively lead a team and lead by good example;
• Ability to work effectively as a team member with a "can do" approach;
• A good level of Health and Safety/security awareness;
• Knowledge and experience of completion of basic risk assessments;
• Physically fit with the ability to lift and carry College equipment;
• Current clean driving licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle;
• Qualified First Aider or prepared to train for First Aid Certificate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.