Salary: £13.47 per hour (plus an enhancement for holiday entitlement)
Hours: Casual, term time only
Winterbourne Academy are looking to add to their bank of casual workers. We are currently highly motivated Cover Supervisors. This role would be ideal for a highly organised, flexible and resilient person who can adapt quickly and challenge and support learners of all ages and abilities.
The post-holder will be employed on a casual basis. The post would suit someone who lives locally and who can be available Monday to Friday at short notice, to work part or full school days, dependent on daily requirements to cover staff absence in the classroom.
• covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
• supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
• liaising with the Cover Co-ordinator over details of lessons and resources needed to cover for absent teaching staff
• managing the behaviour of students whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
• collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
We are looking to recruit a candidate who can provide a strong and positive role model for students and someone who is keen to contribute to the academies visions and values.
The successful candidate must have relevant experience in a similar role with a proven track record.
What we Offer:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies to support our endeavours to work smarter
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Onsite canteen
• Fantastic facilities
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
Closing Date: Recruitment will be ongoing until we reach our required capacity
Interview Date: Ongoing, when suitable candidates are identified
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their age, gender, disability, age, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. We have procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff, volunteers and candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. Where given permission to do so, references will be requested for shortlisted candidates prior to interview. Candidates attending an interview should expect the interview panel to explore issues relating to safeguarding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.