I would like to thank you for your interest in this very exciting role as Casual Exam Invigilator at Ysgol Cwm Brombil, the new all-through school which serves the communities of Margam and the Upper Afan Valley. The school has been formed from the amalgamation of Groes Primary School and Dyffryn Comprehensive School.
This is an incredibly exciting and important time for the educational provision for Port Talbot and this is a key appointment for the school. The post holder will have responsibility for a specific brief and will have opportunities to broaden their experiences by working with an innovative and professional group of staff. We are looking for outstanding exam invigilators who can work with us to see the realisation of our shared vision for the pupils, staff, parents/carers and the wider community through their examinations.. We are aspirational for our pupils and we will encourage them to aspire, believe and achieve so that they are able to leave school with success and value. We are determined to ensure that the learning experience will be vibrant, exciting, and fully inclusive and will provide a truly all-through provision.
We also have the same aspirations for our staff and will ensure high quality continuing professional development, to grow excellent practitioners and leaders, as well as creating opportunities for career development.
The main duties of this role is to support the Examination Officer with the day-to-day operation of examination venues and examinations both external and internal. This activity may include:
• Assisting with setting-up examination venues by giving out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with strict procedures
• Assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations, by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues
• Offering advice and guidance to unregistered candidates without allocated seats
• Ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside examination venues
• Invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures
• Checking attendance during examinations
• Recording details of late arrivals and early leavers and collecting scripts from early leavers
• Escorting candidates to and from venues during the examinations as required and supervising candidates whilst outside examination venues
• Collecting completed examination papers at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures
• Supervising candidates leaving the examination venues at the end of the exam, ensuring candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and that they leave venues in a quiet and orderly manner.
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing. The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
This post is of a casual nature and will be paid on Grade 3 - SP3 £9.36 per hour.
The closing date for applications is 12.30 pm on Monday 24th 2020.
Shortlisting will take place the week commencing 2nd March, 2020 and the interview process will take place the week commencing Monday 9th March 2020.
We very much hope that the opportunities and challenges facing us as we develop the new school will excite you, as they do us, and lead to you submitting an application.
Welsh language is not required.
Shaun Clarke, Headteacher
Ysgol Cwm Brombil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.