Casual After School Club Play worker required as soon as possible
Salary scale: ME4
3pm to 6pm Monday-Friday - hours will be variable
The Headteacher and Senior Leadership team are looking for an enthusiastic casual after school club play worker to join our professional and friendly team to provide high quality care for our children at the end of the school day. The successful candidate will hold a level 3 NVQ or equivalent qualification. This post will suit a candidate with high levels of initiative and excellent communication skills who is able to work well autonomously and within a team. If you are highly motivated, have good organisational skills and are committed to developing children’s confidence and well-being you are encouraged to apply. Experience of working in an after school provision, childcare setting or school environment is desirable but not essential.
Why work at Hillcross?
At Hillcross we enable our children to think differently, aim high and achieve.
Through our school culture of high aspiration, embracing challenge, collaboration, shared responsibility and respect for each other, we aim for Hillcross to be the number one school of choice for the local community. Our outstanding practice in all we do alongside our dynamic and ambitious curriculum provides all our children with rich opportunities and experiences for high quality learning and wider personal development.
Children and staff at Hillcross understand and model excellent behaviours that enable outstanding teaching and learning. We work successfully with all members of the school community to ensure that our children have a love of learning and a determination to achieve their full potential.
At Hillcross Primary School, we recognise that our staff team are crucial to ensuring we achieve our vision and to ensure the very best outcomes for all children. We place high emphasis on supporting the well-being of our staff in numerous ways, an important one being investment in their professional development. New members of the team benefit from a comprehensive induction programme that supports them to develop the knowledge and skills they need to successfully carry out their role, to gain a good understanding of the school’s policies and procedures and to work towards personal future aspirations.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to our mission, vision and values
• Shows a personal commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and rights of young people
• Is able to build strong professional relationships with all members of the school community, including children and parents.
• Is an approachable, empathetic team player who holds high expectations of themselves and others
• Can facilitate inclusive, safe and creative play opportunities
• Is highly organised and able to manage a range of administrative systems.
• Is flexible.
• Has a willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Has good literacy and numeracy skills
• Is ICT literate
We can offer you:
• Animated, collaborative and respectful children
• Committed, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues who are open to new ideas
• An extensive and well-equipped working environment
• A wide ranging and exciting programme of CPD and opportunities to experience all aspects of school life.
• An inclusive, nurturing culture and an ethos that recognises the contribution of every member of the school
What do staff who have recently joined the school say about us?
“I have been very impressed and touched by the warm and friendly attitude of all members of staff towards me. This has made settling in much easier – and it’s such an enjoyable place to work in!”
We warmly welcome all potential candidates to visit the school - please contact our school office if you have any further questions or to arrange a visit.
Applicants will be selected for interview based on their applications and how well they have demonstrated they meet the requirements of the person specification.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing date for applications: 07th May 2021 (09:00AM)
Hillcross Primary School celebrates diversity and promotes equality and inclusion amongst our staff and students. As such, we welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should declare any convictions or cautions whether they are spent or unspent.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.