Chawson Community First School
Headteachers: Mrs Helen Wallace and Miss Nicola Peck
Post: Casual Key Holder and Casual Caretaker
Grade 3: £11.15 per hour
Hours per week: Casual Hours.
Required to be the key holder, opening and closing for Lettings, and to cover as Caretaker in the absence of the Site Manager. Currently Lettings take place Monday to Thursday between 6pm and 9pm.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person who would like to provide a central role in maintaining our Lettings, to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for hirers at the school. We would want that person to be available to act as the Caretaker in the absence of the Site Manager. The post will begin as soon as possible
Duties as letting key holder will include:
- Lock and unlock the school for Lettings, and other events as agreed, and carry out security checks on the building.
- To manage the Lettings which take place after school hours forming friendly and helpful relationship with each regular hirer.
- To ensure that any furniture required by the hirer is set out and made available. Be aware of equipment and school property which is not made available to hirers.
- Ensure that the areas of the building to be used by the hirer are clean on arrival and are left clean and tidy at the end of the letting.
- Duties as casual Caretaker will include:
- Lock and unlock the school and carry out security checks on the building.
- Carry out and record statutory checks and help maintain Health and Safety records.
- Maintenance of property and grounds including liaising with contractors when necessary.
- Carry out DIY above and beyond the scope of a competent DIY person.
- Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety.
Job descriptions, Person specification and invitation to apply are available from the school office.
Chawson Community First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Chawson First School manages personal data in line with GDPR, a full Applicant’s Privacy Notice can be found on our website.
All applications must be via application form.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
Enquiries: Please request by email to address shown above
Chawson Community First, Droitwich is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.