£8.72 - £9.51 per hour plus holiday pay
We are looking to recruit casual wardens to work either on a set session/s per week or to be available to undertake sessions as required due to staff sickness/increased need, large social events etc. In addition to day shifts we are particularly interested in applicants who can work evening sessions (6pm – midnight) during term-times.
The role entails working alongside permanent Wardens to ensure that the learners have an appropriate level of supervision and support at all times.
Successful applicants will:
• be enthusiastic and keen to work with young people
• be prepared to actively participate in the provision of facilities and activities to meet and exceed the learners’ needs and expectations.
• have a good standard of education
• have good communication skills and the ability to interact with learners, parents, and college staff.
• Have a willingness to attain first aid, use of defibrillation equipment and MIDAS qualifications.
Please call the HR department if you would like to discuss this role informally with someone before deciding if you wish to apply. Contact details can be found in the Further Information document.
Please complete and return the availability grid with your completed application indicating your availability as to when you can undertake shifts.
This role will be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 28 September 2020
• Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free cash point facility
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.