Are you an enthusiastic person looking to work in a friendly school? William Morris Primary School is a new primary school based in Tadpole Garden Village in Swindon that opened in September 2019. Our new school is part of The Blue Kite Academy Trust, a growing family of primary schools based in Swindon. We currently have five large primary schools in the trust in addition to our two brand new schools which opened in September 2019.
We are looking for a hardworking and reliable catering assistant to join our growing team from September 2020. We are a happy and supportive team, working hard to give the best education and environment for the children.
The successful candidate will work from 11.30am to 1.30pm Monday to Fridays during term time and will be responsible for setting up our dining hall for lunchtime, serving meals to the children, clearing away after lunch and cleaning the kitchen and dining area.
The successful applicant will:
• Be able to manage time effectively to complete tasks to a high level
• Take pride in a job well done
• Be able to work with minimum supervision
• Treat students and staff with courtesy and respect, whilst ensuring a safe, clean environment adhering to food safety regulations
Duties will include:
• Setting up the dining hall
• Serving food and beverages
• Operate kitchen equipment following training
• Follow food hygiene and safety regulations
• Undertake cleaning and washing up
• Monitoring and maintaining of records of daily fridge and freezer and food temperature in accordance with Food Hygiene Regulations and Health & Safety Policy
• Maintaining kitchen cleanliness
Closing date: Tuesday 1st September 2020
Interviews: Friday 4th September 2020
Please see the job description for more information.
William Morris Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
All appointments will be subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure, medical pre employment checks, Disqualification Declaration and proof of Right to Work in the UK. References will be contacted and checked prior to interview (if you do not wish us to contact references prior to interview please make this clear on your application). Proof of qualifications will be required and failure to disclose any other required information may render applicants liable to disqualification or dismissal if appointed, were the failure to come to light. Therefore it is imperative that you provide all relevant information requested in order to meet this safeguarding commitment.