Part Time, Permanent
30hrs per week (8.30am – 2.30pm), 44 weeks (term time only)
Living Wage – £10,837.86 per annum actual (FTE £15,797.00)
Thomas Deacon Academy
27 August 2019
Early September 2019
We are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to join our TDA Catering team. The role involves assisting with all levels of preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages, serving staff and students on the cashless till system, and general cleaning duties.
You will have:
- Experience of working in a catering environment
- Experience of working in a team as well as working independently
- Basic knowledge of food preparation, cooking and helping to serve fresh, healthy food
- Basic understanding of the nutritional value of food, stock control and rotation
- Level 2 Food Safety (or equivalent) qualification is essential
What we can offer you:
- Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme
- Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Academy Education Trust
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym)
- LGPS Pension Scheme
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply please click on the Vacancies page of our website www.tdet.education where you will be directed to the application page.
If you have any questions regarding this post please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail email@example.com.
To view the full job description for this role, please click here