Ceredigion County Council’s School Service is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to become a Challenge Advisor. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative schools service where you will be a key leader on school improvement strategies in Ceredigion.
Ceredigion is part of ERW, the South West and Mid Wales educational region and we are committed to working to achieve the Regional Business Plan.
Purpose of the role:
In conjunction with the Corporate Manager for School Improvement and the Chief Education Officer, you will contribute to educational improvement by supporting, advising and challenging schools and partners to reach and achieve the highest standards.
We are prepared to consider a secondment for a period of two years or a permanent appointment.
- To act as a challenge adviser to a number of specific schools with a time allocation in line with the regional School Support, Challenge and Intervention;
- Contribute to the work of the school improvement team by leading on specific thematic areas;
- Undertake consultancy work in schools and with other partners including those which require a differentiated level of support within the authority and, sometimes, across authorities in the South West Wales region;
- Advise and assist the work of one of the local school panels;
- To line manage members of staff, including monitoring and promoting their professional development;
- Contribute as appropriate to multi-agency developments.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for us. We aim to support vulnerable children and young people to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. We and our educational establishments acknowledge that children and young people have a right to protection and will take action to safeguard their welfare. Each member of staff and volunteer is expected to share this commitment, and we will require an Enhanced Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), formerly CRB.
The ability to work through the medium of Welsh is essential
Ceredigion LA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.