This growing 3 -18 school on the outskirts of Muscat is looking to recruit a well-qualified and experienced Chemistry Teacher to teach within a thriving and lively school. The role will entail teaching chemistry up to A level.
With students from over 60 nationalities, this is a truly international school situated in the heart of Oman. This is an exciting time for an ambitious teacher to join this fast-growing and very popular school. For those looking for a first step abroad or perhaps a re-location from another Middle East School, this school offers an excellent opportunity.
The school operates an international curriculum to suit the needs of the wide variety of nationalities of children currently cater for. The school is part of a group of schools which operate in the UAE and Oman. The school has a strong reputation for delivering quality education across the Middle East Region and beyond. The school benefits from highly supportive parents and aspirational and polite, hard-working students. We follow the Cambridge IPC as well as Cambridge primary maths, science and English schemes, leading to IGCSE / A level in Secondary.
Living in Muscat
Oman is a welcoming, politically stable and friendly country. Access to a huge variety of foods and other goods is easy and Muscat is a friendly and welcoming place in which to live.
It has beautiful scenery, wonderful beaches, a very rich culture, and a sunny climate that enables a wide range of both water and land based outdoor activities to be pursued throughout the year. It is also well situated for travel to other locations around the world. It is hot and humid in the Coastal areas in summer; while it is hot and dry in the interior except for the higher mountains, which enjoy a moderate climate throughout the year. Rainfall is generally light and irregular
- Be passionate, enthusiastic, innovative and ready to embrace the challenges and excitement of an International teaching career in the
- Have at least 4 years of teaching experience, ideally in the UK or in a UK curriculum school overseas.
- Be qualified to degree level in a chemistry subject and hold a recognised UK teaching qualification (eg PGCE)
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning
- Be an exceptional communicator with the ability to work with students and parents alike
- Be ambitious and keen to develop existing knowledge and skills
- Have Some experience of working with children for whom English is an additional language would be beneficial as would experience of working in an international setting. However, a genuine commitment to supporting the school’s ethos, along with a willingness and flexibility to adapt, would compensate. Experience of using effective differentiation and assessment techniques are essential.
What's in it for you?
-We are committed to developing our staff and provide professional development opportunities both in-house and via external providers.
-We provide high quality accommodation for teaching staff, during their first year of contract. We offer an attractive tax-free
salary, medical insurance (employee only), visa, end of contract gratuity, 1 free school place at the school of employment and an annual
flight allowance (employee only).
-We have a very supportive team of teachers and support staff who will make settling into Muscat an enjoyable experience.
The school is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for the post. We reserve the right to close this vacancy should we receive an overwhelming response.