Contract type: 19.5 hours, term time only
Interview date: Thursday 12 November 2020
Start date: January 2021
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a motivated, caring and enthusiastic Child and Family Support Worker to join the friendly and inclusive team at St Philip Neri with St Bede’s Catholic Voluntary Academy in Mansfield.
St Philip Neri is a two-form entry Catholic Primary and Nursery School. The School serves pupils aged 3-11 years in Mansfield and its surrounding areas. We are an Ofsted rated Good school that strives to nurture the spiritual, academic, social and personal development of all our children while emphasising the mutual respect we should all have for one another
The Role Includes:
• Leading interventions to support vulnerable children.
• Pastoral care for vulnerable children.
• Supporting teachers with pupil behaviour and integration across the school.
• Senior or Deputy safeguarding duties.
• Supporting the Headteacher with the monitoring of attendance, including communicating with and supporting parents in improving pupil attendance.
• Developing the role of family liaison and support.
The successful applicant will:
• Be committed to upholding the Catholic ethos of our school
• Have experience of working with vulnerable children.
• Be able to work as part of a team dedicated to pupil welfare
• Have high expectations of attainment and behaviour
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic pupils
• Friendly, hardworking, dedicated colleagues
• Supportive Parents and Governors
• Opportunities for Professional development
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
The Trust and St Philip Neri with St Bede Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
St Philip Neri with St Bede Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.