Childcare & Education Group Leader
Grade 7 - Starting Salary £19,947 ( Pro rata)
33.5 hours a week.
Fixed Term until October Half Term 2021
44 weeks per year
We are looking for a caring, experienced and enthusiastic Childcare & Education Group Leader to join our team and be a proactive integrated member of the School Staff Team.
To take responsibility for the provision of the care, safety and learning of the children in the Nursery Education Group, which is registered as a Nursery Education Provider and works within the Ofsted requirements. To take responsibility for the management of staff and resources. To ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are fulfilled including SEN.
• NVQ 3 or equivalent in Childcare.
• Experience of working with children under five.
• Knowledge of current legislation affecting care and education of under 5’s.
• Knowledge of assessment procedures and record keeping of the Nursery Education Scheme and requirements relating to Ofsted Inspection.
Why Choose Us:
At Greystoke our vison is working together to provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment so that all our children reach their full potential.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What We Offer:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
• Access to employee assistance programme.
Closing date for applications is the 30 September 2020.
Interviews: to be held on 02 October 2020.
Our Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).