Exceptional Childcare Assistant
Grade SCP 3-4: 35 hours per week 7.30am - 6pm: shift patterns
Term time only + 10 additional days to cover in school holiday periods as required
We are a large, successful, forward thinking community school with a great staff team and fantastic children and community. We need a childcare assistant for our Early Years department who is enthusiastic, confident, professional passionate about working with 2 - 4 year olds.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a confident role model with excellent speaking and listening skills
• Be knowledgeable about confident about early years practice
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to form positive relationships with children and adults
• Be enthusiastic, flexible , resilient and hardworking
• Work effectively as part of a team
• Be a confident and competent IT user with experience of using Tapestry or a similar electronic children profile and tracking tool.
• Have a growth mindset and positive outlook in their work and manner
• Have experience of working with children aged 2 - 4 years
• Have the ability to observe , plan , formulate individual plans, write reports and collate data for a keyworker group of children using the EYFS
The closing date is Friday 3rd December @ 12 noon and interviews are expected to take place the wk. beginning Monday 7th December.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found here in the how to apply section. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Southroyd Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.