CHILDCARE/TEACHING ASS'T ASSESSOR (Workplace delivery)
Part time/Permanent (30 hours per week)
£26,161 to £29,440 p.a. pro rata
As a leading FE college and one of the largest providers of Apprenticeships in the South East, East Sussex College Group is currently recruiting a Childcare Assessor:
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess Childcare industry experience, qualifications, and occupational competence up to level 3 (up to level 5 desirable).
• Hold a TAQA Assessors qualification or equivalent i.e. A1/D32/D33
• Hold a TAQA IQA qualification or equivalent (desirable) i.e. V1
• Have recent experience of delivering English, Maths, and ICT Functional Skills up to L2
• Have relevant work-based assessment experience in Childcare (Teaching Assistant desirable)
• Have experience working on a 1-2-1 basis or small groups
• Be willing to travel both local and out of area
• Experience of working to challenging deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• Possess excellent IT skills and the ability to quickly learn new systems and e-portfolio platforms
• Conduct assessment needs of learners including fully preparing learners for End Point Assessment
• Be able to teach and assess across a range of programmes including online courses as appropriate
• Establish and maintain effective partnerships with employers and learners that promotes the timely achievement of learner’s qualifications and programmes within the agreed timescale.
• Provide appropriate information, advice, teaching, learning and assessment relevant to the individual
• Work closely with employers, Managers, and curriculum staff where applicable to ensure timely completion and achievement
• Establishing of a safe working environment for any potential learner at an employer site and thereafter carry out regular monitoring of the learner’s workplace that ensures a continued safe learning environment.
• Compliance with ESFA and other authorities with respect to the accurate and full completion of learner start, review and completion paperwork and any policies and procedures associated with teaching, learning and assessment.
• Management of own continual professional development to ensure currency with the area of occupation.
• Plan, manage & organise a caseload of learners.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Closing date: Thursday, 16 July 2020
Interview date: TBC
East Sussex College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.